Skip to main content

171 Results in your current search

Advice & Information

Directory results


How to Make a Complaint Early Years Providers and Schools Early Years All registered childcare providers have to have a complaints procedure. For childcare provision that is registered with Ofsted any concerns should first be raised with the manager or provider. For complaints in writing…

Changes to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Support System - Easy Read Guide for Children and Young People

The SEND code of practice requires local authorities, health bodies, schools, maintained early education settings and colleges to carry out statutory duties for children and young people with SEND. The reforms extend provision from birth to 25 years of age. This will give families greater choice in decisions and…

Looked After Children who have SEND

All children and young people who are looked after by Liverpool City Council and have special educational needs are supported by their school or setting in the first instance. Each school has a designated teacher with responsibility for looked after children. If you are the…

Accessibility Strategy

Schools Accessibility Strategy Agreed by cabinet 29/8/2014

Children's Social Care

Disabled Children's Service The aim of the Disabled Children’s Service is to work in partnership with disabled children and young people, their families and carers to enable them to have the best opportunities in life.  

City Council & Health Services

This is where you can find information about the Health and Local Authority services you may need. This includes Occupational Therapy, Paediatrics, Travel Training and other services.  Top tip:  The filter button ‘sorted by’ will help list these in alphabetical order.

Complaints, Disagreements, Mediation & Tribunal

Disagreement Resolution Service This service has been commissioned  to help parents  and young people to resolve: disagreements about any part of special educational needs provision for the child or young person disagreements relating to the health and social care parts of the Education, Health and Care…

Personal Health Budget

A personal health budget gives children, young people, parents and carers the maximum choice and control over how they access their care and support. The following groups of people are entitled to have a personal health budget Children and young people receiving Continuing Care - This will be a…

SEND Support & EHCP

SEND Support and the Graduated Approach   Liverpool has introduced the SEND Graduated Approach Handbook which guides educational settings on the expectations and guides them on how to identify, plan and deliver support and provision to meet needs of children and young people as stated in the SEND…

Travel and Transport

The SEN Home to School Transport Team is based in Newton Road Depot, L13 3HS.  Direct telephone numbers to the team are 233 6511 and 233 6513.  The team has a general email address for contact: