The City of Liverpool College
The City of Liverpool College occupies a unique space in the Liverpool City Region. We offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of courses to a diverse variety of students across a wide-ranging curriculum: from entry level to degree; from apprenticeships and vocational skills to higher education and professional courses; from short, sharp courses focused on upskilling and career progression to full-time provision that develops the next generation of talent for the City Region’s businesses. Every year we enrol over 10,000 students from across the City Region, coming together to form a diverse and inclusive student body. Our students benefit from dynamic links with employers and communities and a strong sense of place; the College has a long and rich history within the City of Liverpool and strong links to the communities and people that it serves.
Our Strategic goals
- To develop world-class skills for business -operating as “The College for Business”, with a focus on current need and industry innovations and supporting the post-pandemic recovery and economic growth across the City Region.
- To deliver an outstanding student experience - tailoring our approach to the needs of our learners, our city and our communities.
- To develop talent for sustainable employment - upskilling, reskilling and generating the talent of the future through a focus on careers, not courses.
Our strategic enablers
- Turning disadvantage into advantage - recognising our student cohort and delivering an experience tailored to their needs, taking a student-centred approach (‘the whole student’).
- Systems thinking by critical thinkers - changing the culture across the College from top to bottom to realise an impact that goes beyond individual actions (‘the whole college’) as a crucial part of the City Region’s education and skills system.
Who to contact
Where to go
- The City of Liverpool College
The Learning Exchange
- L1 9DW
Additional Learning Support
Our aspiration at The City of Liverpool College is that students receive an outstanding level of learning support. Our Additional Learning Support model aims to ensure that staff have the specialist skills and knowledge to deliver high-quality, personalised support programmes that effectively meet the needs of learners with Additional Learning Needs.
Once you become a student at the College, your goals and aspirations become ours and we aim to provide the help and support you need to achieve them. We provide support to thousands of students every year across all college campuses and programmes of study.
We have a dedicated, highly qualified and experienced support team comprising of:
- Learning Support Practitioners
- Specialist SpLD (Dyslexia etc.)
- Learning Support Specialists.
- Mental health officers
Our staff work collaboratively with cross-college teams in efficiently assessing a student’s needs as well as organising and implementing a wide range of support programmes, each tailored to their individual requirements.
We offer support in a wide range of specialist areas including:
- Assistive Technology
- Autism Spectrum Condition
- Behaviour 4 Learning (EBD/ADHD/ADD)
- Deaf and/or Hard of Hearing
- Support for Students with Mental Health difficulties
- Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD)
- Support for Students on HE Programmes
- Visual Impairment.
- Contact Name
- Debbie Mcglinchey, Education Health and Care plan officer
- Contact Telephone
- 0151 252 3009
- Contact Email
Additional Learning Support