Navigate is a national mentoring service, that provides online emotional support for parents and carers of disabled children who are finding out about their child’s additional needs.
Navigate is open to any parent or carer who:
- lives in England or Wales
- has a child under 18 years of age, who is going through or has received a diagnosis in the last year
About the service
Navigate is a 6-week programme that puts you in touch with a personal adviser, who will help you to talk about your feelings and concerns.
The service will help you to:
- organise your thoughts and feelings
- take positive actions and help with your emotional well being
- give you coping strategies and insights
Your personal adviser
You will have weekly catch ups with your adviser online and by phone. Your adviser will work with you on a one-to-one basis, helping you to:
- explore your needs and personal goals
- agree your 6-week action plan, and
- provide you with support, if you need it
Accessing the service
You can apply online or get a referral from the helpline. Contact with your adviser will be online or by phone.
If there is no space, we will offer you the opportunity to join a waiting list. We will do our best to point you to supporting information.
Who to contact
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday: 9am to 8pm Saturday: 9am to 12pm
- Please contact provider for cost details.
- Offering Tax Free Childcare.