MYA - Choices Knowsley
Choices Knowsley is for young people aged 4-19 who identify themselves as having a disability (including learning difficulties) and live in the Knowsley borough.
· An inclusive, fun, short breaks service for young people with additional needs, aged 4-19 years old.
· Group work which is needs lead and empowers young people to be involved in the decision making process.
· A child-centred, needs led approach to ensuring the needs of the young person are at the core of programmes.
Through group-work and needs led activities we aim to collectively raise self esteem, build confidence and improve communication skills by providing a safe, welcoming and open-minded approach. This is achieved through a variety of mediums:
· Sports and Diversity: Fully inclusive and adaptive disability sports sessions with qualified coaches, indoor activities, soft play etc.
· Arts: Workshops that include music, dance, drama, photography, crafts and creative tactile based activities.
· Health: Exploring positive physical health, mental health, emotional wellbeing and healthy relationships.
· Community cohesion: Increasing visibility and awareness in communities of the needs of young disabled people.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Merseyside Youth Association
- L1 3DY
MYA - Choices Knowsley has its office base at MYA on Hanover street. However we currently deliever provision in the following venues across Knowsley:
Monday: Kirkby (Star Childrens Centre) ages 11-19- 5.00pm-7.00pm
Wednesday: Halewood (New Hutte Centre for Learning) ages 4-11- 5pm-7pm
Thursday: Kirkby (Star Childrens Centre) ages 4 -11- 5.00pm-7.00pm
Friday: Huyton (Hilltop Childrens Centre) ages 11- 19- 5.0pm- 7.00pm
Saturday: Whiston (Southmead Children's Centre) ages 4- 11- 10:00 am- 1:00pm
Saturday: Whiston (Southmead Children's Centre)ages 11- 19-1:00pm- 4:00pm
Sunday: Huyton (Hilltop Children's centre) ages 4- 11- 10:00 am- 1:00pm
Sunday: Huyton (Hilltop Children's centre) ages 11- 19-1:00pm- 4:00pm
Sunday: Kirkby (Star Childrens Centre) ages 4- 11- 10:00am- 1:00pm
Sunday: Kirkby (Star Childrens Centre) ages 11- 19- 1:00pm- 4:00pm
*We also run a range of 6 hour school holiday programmes in Halewood, Huyton and Kirkby throughout 11 weeks of the school holidays.
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Delivery across the borough including , weekends 10:00- 4:00 and 10 weeks of the school holidays
- Time of day
- Please contact provider for cost details.
- Offering Tax Free Childcare.
- Referral Details
Referral can be accessed through the Knowsley Early Help Team on:
0151 443 3159
- Other notes
The Choices Knowsley Projecvt can only be accessed by residents of Knowsley
Through the ‘Choices Knowsley Short Breaks' project, we empower disabled children and young people, providing accessible programmes and school holiday provisions, which put young people at the centre.
This project supports children and young people with a range of complex needs and has staff qualified and experienced to implement a variety of care packages.
We are aware of the multiple factors that affect a young person’s life and our team will strive to meet the individual needs of the young person, to assure their safety, and enjoyment needs are fulfilled.
Our Short Breaks offer supports families of disabled children and young through the provision of respite and the opportunity to take a break from their carer responsibilities.
We also deliver a needs led, bespoke and varied offer for our service users which includes but is not limited to:
- · Arts and crafts
- · Drama
- · Adaptive and disability inclusive sports
- · Cooking
- · Travel training
- · Trips and visits
- · Dance
And a great deal more
Through these activities, we aspire to create positive and lasting change in the lives of our service users in the form of: Improved life skills, increased confidence, higher levels of independence and improved social skills. All of our activities are delivered by qualified and experienced staff, that really care about providing outcomes for disabled children and young people.
- Contact Name
- Dale Blackburn
- Contact Telephone
- 07841 145 852
- Contact Email
MYA Choices Knowsley
- Local Offer Age Bands
Young Adults (16 to 25)
Primary (5 to 11)
Secondary (11 to 16)