CATCH (Common Approach to Children's Health)
CATCH is a free health app for parents and carers, providing information throughout pregnancy until the age of five.
With the number of resources available, it can be difficult to know who to trust, so CATCH provides local NHS-approved information with your best interests at heart. It provides trusted information from multiple sources on topics in health and wellbeing. All information in CATCH is approved by local professionals in NHS and/ or public health teams in the local area.
CATCH has a range of useful features to empower new parents:
- Personalised Advice - once the app is downloaded, users can create profiles for their children, using their name, gender and date of birth or due date. CATCH then provides a list of health articles most relevant to the child's age, tailored to suit them as they grow. Articles can be 'favourited' articles too, to keep the ones of interest close at hand.
- Notifications - CATCH delivers timely notifications and health reminders and seasonal guidance, relevant to the child's stage of development.
- Learn - the Learn section contains a multitude of health information drawn mainly from NHS Choices and reviewed regularly by local GPs.
- Local support - provides information about support services in the area, from breastfeeding groups, to children's centres' activities and baby clinics.
- Local Services - this section contains a map of the local health and social care services available in the user's area. This includes the nearest GP surgery, dentists or pharmacies.
Who to contact
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type Free
- Offering Tax Free Childcare.