Free Dementia Awareness Workshops for Family and Friends
Free workshops for informal carers, families, friends and community volunteers to support you and your loved ones.
Who is it for?
Has your life been touched by dementia? If the answer is yes, then the House of Memories dementia awareness for family and friends workshop is for you. This session is for family members, friends and community volunteers who would like to find out more about resources and activities that are available to support you and your loved ones.
What is it?
This workshop is an introduction to dementia, using powerful and very personal video stories to explore the challenges presented when supporting someone living with dementia.
The workshop will provide you with a number of practical approaches to enhancing communication and building positive meaningful relationships, including an opportunity for you to:
- try out our innovative My House of Memories app
- learn about things you can do at home with your loved ones
- find out about the range of dementia-friendly activities you can attend at the museum.
The dementia awareness for family and friends sessions are held at the Museum of Liverpool. Directions and access information are available on the Museum of Liverpool website.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Museum of Liverpool
- L3 1DG
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £0.00 per Session
- The workshops are free of charge for friends and family of those living with dementia.
- Offering Tax Free Childcare.