Hunts Cross Nursery (HC)
Hunts Cross Nursery is governed by Hunts Cross School. We offer a variety of different session, which include full day for children 0-5 yrs in our purpose built nursery and also pre school sessions, which are held within the school next to the reception class.We are open 50 weeks of the year, closing for two weeks at Christmas.
we currently offer 15 hours Nursery Education Funding for 2, 3 and 4 year olds and 30 hrs funding to 3 and 4 year olds who are eligible.
We now offer holiday cover for all children in Hunts Cross Primary and also children from other schools.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Denise McDonnell
0151 233 3733
0151 486 1777
Where to go
Hunts Cross Cp School
- L25 0PJ
- Please contact provider for cost details.
- Offering Tax Free Childcare.
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 08:00 18:00 Tuesday 08:00 18:00 Wednesday 08:00 18:00 Thursday 08:00 18:00 Friday 08:00 18:00
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
• At Hunts Cross Nursery we work in partnership will all parents/carers supporting and helping you in your role as your child's and most important educator. All children are monitored and development is tracked in all areas of learning across the Early Years Foundation Stage Development Matters. We ensure you are involved with your child's development and work in partnership with any difficulties your child maybe experiencing.
• If there are concerns about a child's progress or any child needs extra support then this is identified early and acted upon.
• Children's needs are met through learning strategies e. g small group work activities, language enrichment groups or one to one key person time. Children's progress is monitored by the child's key person.
• If you have any concerns or think your child may be having difficulties at home, nursery or an additional need that has not been identified, then an appointment can be made for you to come and discuss this with your child's key person. They will then discuss any concerns with the SENCO.
• We pride ourselves on ensuring you as parents/carers are involved early with any difficulties you child may be experiencing. An individual play plan may be introduced for your child. This will involve the nursery setting specific achievable individual targets for your child to work towards.
• Some children may need a more tailored approach to address a specific additional need that is impacting on their ability to learn. This will be discussed with you and the nursery SENCO. If your child continued to have difficulties despite targets set then the SENCO may discuss with you the need to involve outside agencies.
• You will be invited into nursery termly to review your child's progress, to discuss their next steps, activities and interventions that will support your child to achieve their next targets.
• The nursery SENCO will keep in touch with all staff to ensure that your child's needs are met and targets in their individual play plan are reviewed.
• If your child has been given programmes to follow by outside agencies e. g Speech and Language Therapy. We will liaise closely with their therapist and ensure that these programmes become part of your child's learning
• We understand that children learn at their own pace so we closely monitor your child's development and interests. All children's learning is recorded using the development matters document and a more individualised record maybe found in your child's Learning journey file. All parents are invited to contribute to your child's Learning Journey File.
• We are an inclusive nursery who celebrates diversity. It is important to us that your child is happy in our care.
• All staff are trained in Child Protection and are responsible for ensuring your child's safety
• All staff are trained in Paediatric First Aid
• Attendance is monitored closely to ensure all children are receiving their full entitlement to education
• The nursery can make referrals with your permission to a variety of outside agencies, Speech and Language Therapy Services, Physiotherapists, Community Paediatricians.
• The nursery receives support from the Psychology services and SENISS (Special Education Needs integrated Support Service). This helps when seeking advice for families.
• We can also support parents with relevant training, advice and activity sessions your child may benefit from attending at the attached Children's Centre (Hunts Cross Children's Centre)
• The SENCO attends Local Authority briefings to keep up to date with legislative changes in Special Educational needs.
• The SENCO and manager regularly attend Early Years Consortia meetings, DIPTAC groups which supports practitioners with Early intervention techniques
• There is a variety of Local Authority and consultancy training that individual staff access to enable them to support children in their care.
• All children are included on nursery trips. We ensure that all children's needs are met by allocating high staff ratios and by including parents on our trips.
• A risk assessment is completed prior to any trip out of nursery which may entail an extra visit by members of staff to ensure the environment is safe and accessible for all children.
• Hunts Cross Nursery is fully accessible we have full wheel chair access to the building. There is access to a disabled toilet and disabled parking on site.
• For many of our families whose first language is not English we use visual signs, photographs, communication books and images to communicate.
• It is of great importance to us that all our children have a smooth transition into our nursery and from nursery to school.
• We encourage all new children with their parents/carers to visit the setting beforehand. Parents/carers will fill out an All About Me And My Family before the child start's, this is filled out with the child's key person.
• We liaise very closely with our Primary School (Hunts Cross) and other local primary schools, assessment schools, to ensure that the transition from nursery to primary school is as smooth as possible. The child's key person will complete a detailed transition document which is passed to the allocated primary school.
• Parents, Practitioners and School SENCOS has arranged TAC (Team around the child) meeting before a child has started the school term to ensure the child and parent is included in all decisions prior to transition
• We hold parent/carer and key person meetings each term to discuss your child's progress and see/contribute to your child's learning journey
• Staff meet and greet the children and parent/carers at each session on arrival and at the end of the day
• Parents/carers are regularly invited to attend nursery trips and celebrations at nursery.
• We have an open door policy although it may be necessary to make an appointment if you wish to speak to a specific staff member
• Parents are encouraged to use the nursery lending library to read stories at home with your child. We have a selection of dual language books.
- Contact Name
- Kathryn Sweeney
- Contact Telephone
- 0151 233 3733
- Local Offer Age Bands
- Early Years (0 to 5)