Merseyside Family Support (POPS)
POPS is a charity which specialises in providing practical and emotional support for families who have a loved in prison, preparing for release from custody or who are on licence in the community. POPS' community-based family support team works across Merseyside, providing families with a range of advice, guidance, and support on a range of issues including;
- Understanding the criminal justice system; ,
- Support for families through the court process;
- Managing relationships and family dynamics;
- Preparing for release of loved one from prison;
- Emotional well-being;
- Support for children;
- Liaison with statutory services: Probation, Prison service , Adult/Children Services;
- Finance, debts, etc;
- Housing; arrears, tenancy issues;
Who to contact
Where to go
- ABC Offices
58 Breckfield Road South
- L6 5DR
- Please contact provider for cost details.
- Offering Tax Free Childcare.
- Referral Details
Practitioners can refer 18-25 year old men/ women into the project using the POPS' referral form. POPS' will then reach out to the prisoner & seek consent to contact their family.