Skip to main content

Council Tax Support

You could get Council Tax Support to help pay your Council Tax if you’re unemployed or on a low income. 

Under the Council Tax Support scheme, working age households will pay at least 8.5 per cent of their Council Tax bill.

Pension age customers are not be affected by this reduction. 

Who can claim?

To qualify for Council Tax Support, you must be:

  • On a low income.
  • The person responsible for paying the Council Tax.

Council Tax Support is calculated in the same way as Council Tax Benefit by looking at your income, savings and household circumstances.

How to apply

You can apply online on the Councils website

If you prefer not to apply online call 0800 0283697 for an application form.

Who to contact

Contact Name
Benefits Service

Where to go


Any of the Council's One Stop Shops can provide further information

Local Offer

Have your say