Free Dementia Awareness Training for Health and Social Care Professionals
A range of training that supports the development of an informed and effective workforce for delivering person-centred care for people living with dementia.
What is it?
A half day training workshop that uses powerful videos to tell the very personal stories of people living with dementia, and provides skills and resources for health and social care staff to help people to live well with dementia.
A museum-led programme, the session centres on the fantastic objects, archives and life stories held within National Museums Liverpool. During the session, people will learn about:
- How to use memory resources to communicate with people living with dementia – to support and encourage the sharing of their life stories, and to help see the person not the condition.
- Memory activities and resources that are available from House of Memories – such as memory boxes, memory trees, and museum memory walks.
- My House of Memories app – designed with and for people living with dementia, the app provides a free and easy way to do memory sharing at home, in residential care homes, or any setting.
Who is it for?
The workshop is aimed at staff working in the health, social care and housing sectors, who work regularly with people living with dementia. For family and volunteer carers, there is a separate workshop, dementia awareness for family carers.
The dementia awareness for the health and social care sector workshops are held in the Museum of Liverpool. Directions and access information are available on the Museum of Liverpool website.
The dementia awareness training for health and social care professionals sessions take place one day a month. Be the first to find out about future dates - sign up for our e-newsletter to get news and training dates emailed to you, or visit our website.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Museum of Liverpool
- L3 1DG
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £0.00 per Session
- A 3 hour training workshop that uses powerful videos to tell the personal stories of people living with dementia, and provides skills and resources for health and social care staff to help people to live well with dementia.
- Offering Tax Free Childcare.