Skip to main content

Liverpool Community Speech and Language Therapy

We work with children in the Liverpool area. Every day children are listening, talking, playing and making friends, which helps them to become good communicators and learn about the world around them. A Speech and Language Therapist works with children who may need help with:

  • Listening and following instruction
  • Playing and talking with other children
  • Understanding what people say to them
  • Saying sounds and talking clearly
  • Using words in sentences
  • eating and drinking

The Liverpool Community Speech & Language Therapy team has a central administative office in Liverpool Innovation Park but will work with children and families across a variety of community settings including schools, children's centres, health centres and at home where appropriate.

Who to contact

Contact Position

We have a dedicated admin team who can assist you with any queries.

However, if you do need to speak to a speech and language therapist, there is a Duty Therapist available during office hours.

Where to go


We operate from a central administration base at Liverpool Innovation Park, Edge Lane, but see children & young people across a variety of settings including Children's Centres, Health Centres, schools and at home where appropriate.

Time / Date Details

When is it on
Mon-Fri 09.00-17.00
Time of day

Other Details


Referral required
Referral Details

A referral to the Speech and Language Therapy (SLT) Service is a request to work collaboratively. This means the SLT service working in partnership with parents/carers and educational settings to achieve the best outcomes for your child.

To be seen by a Speech and Language Therapist from the Liverpool community team, your child will need to have a Liverpool G.P and you will need a referral for your child to be completed by one of our designated referrers.

Children can be referred to the Liverpool Community Speech and Language Therapy Service by:

  • Health Visiting and School Nursing Team • Child Health Practitioners • SEN Disability Link Workers (Children's Centres) • Schools and Nurseries • Paediatricians (Children's Doctor) • Educational Psychologists • Audiologists • Dieticians • Other Speech and Language Therapists

It is important that you talk to a designated referrer first if you have concerns about your child’s speech, language and communication development. They may be able to offer you advice and strategies which answer your questions or resolve your concerns so you don’t need to see us. If, however, you have tried lots of ideas and are still worried, your child may need to see a Speech and Language Therapist.

A designated referrer can talk with you and complete the referral form. This is the first stage in gathering information about your child’s communication and development and any concerns you or the setting might have. We also need to know what you have tried already; what is worrying you the most; and how you think speech and language therapy could help.

Local Offer

Local Offer Age Bands
Young Adults (16 to 25)
Primary (5 to 11)
Secondary (11 to 16)
Early Years (0 to 5)
Have your say